These peppers are stuffed with great taste! If the peppers do not stand up straight, cut a small amount off the bottom of each pepper so they sit evenly.
Ingredients, Serves 4-5
4 Dr. Praeger’s Kale Veggie Burgers
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 can of black beans
1/4 cup drained, rinsed and cooked quinoa
1 cup chopped spinach
4-5 large red bell peppers
1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350F.
– Prepare baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper or organic cooking spray.
– In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
– Add the frozen veggie burgers and as they cook, break them up into pieces with a wooden spoon, stirring continuously another 3-4 minutes.
– Add the chopped spinach, black beans, cooked quinoa and cook for a few minutes until the kale slightly wilts.
– Cut about 1 inch off the top of pepper. Remove seeds and membranes and rinse peppers well.
– Stuff each pepper with kale burger mixture. Top each pepper with 1-2 tablespoons cheese.*
– Place peppers on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.